Did you know that Canada’s Environmental Protection Act – CEPA – is over 20 years old? It is drastically in need of an update!
On February 9, 2022, the government introduced Bill S-5, Strengthening Environmental Protection for a Healthier Canada Act. It passed second reading on April 7, 2022 and is now before the Standing Senate Committee on Energy, the Environment, and Natural Resources.
Tell Senators you support strengthening and passing the CEPA bill, S-5!
- Take Action>> sign the action hosted by the David Suzuki Foundation
- Social Media>> Please use the hashtags #EnvironmentalJustice #CEPA and share with your social media followers on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and LinkedIn.
- Read our National Observer opinion piece with the Coalition for Environmental Rights: A rights-based approach can address environmental threats to Canadians
- Campaign info and tools from the Canadian Association of Physicians for the Environment/Association Canadienne des médicins pour l’environnement
- Joint Statement on Modernizing the Canadian Environmental Protection Act – Canada’s pollution and toxics law